Thursday 8 March 2012

My Background - Part 1

The point of this post is to tell you about myself and my background. Just so people understand my future posts better and where I come from.

So I grew up in a relatively small city in a very conservative environment. Guys were expected to male friends and girls would have girlfriends. People would call each other girlfriend/boyfriend if they went on a few dates and talked for hours over the phones. Kissing was a fairly bid deal. Actually having sex was definitely not common. Even today, some of my school friends have never had sex with their long-time girlfriends/boyfriends.

I am also a very average guy in looks. 5'8" in height, 64 kgs weight, about 17% body fat. Fairly skinny I would say. What I always had going for myself was that I was (still am?) ridiculously intelligent. I also had reasonably good communication skills. However, I am basically an introvert and thus prefer to be in my own world.

Due do all this, I never had much interaction with the opposite sex growing up. First time I spoke to a girl on the phone was in the 8th grade. First official date in 11th grade. However, I always had girls who liked me a lot. In the 11th and 12th grade, in whatever way we would call a girlfriend (I never kissed her, we only ever held hands), my girlfriend at the time was the most popular girl of my entire small city. I really had no clue why she liked me, but she did. I would get lots of attention otherwise as well.

My problem was basically my own fears and generally being clueless. There were so many times when this girl and many others as well, visited my place, were alone with me somewhere and the like, wanted me to make a move on them but I just did not know what to do or how to do it. So basically I was a guy who had never even kissed a girl going into college.

I genuinely believe that this is the same thing which happens with every average guy. If you dress reasonably, can talk a bit, you have plenty of girls liking you. Due to us being in our own heads, we never realize it. Or because of negative beliefs, we never think that very cute girls can ever like us.

1 comment: